14K Boulder Opal & Diamond Pendant

$320.00
Best deal on: amazon amazon.com

. Gemstone lovers and fashionistas alike will make a way to make this unique necklace match with other jewelry.

Everyone has heard the saying “Diamond in the rough” but in this case we should use “Opal in the rough”. This particular opal could be observed in a bittersweet way by gemstone fanatics. Although it lives up to its sister in the opal family as far as color play, it has more of a natural looks than the others. The grayish-brown color that overtakes the stone could be appealing to some and a turn off to others. The way it is formed contributes largely to its name.

http://www.gemselect.com/gem-info/boulder-opal/boulder-opal-info.php

The Boulder opal is found embedded in large boulders. This would explain why the majority of the stone is dark and it has very little color play. 90 percent of opals are white while the other 10 percent are set aside for the more unique ones. The boulder opal accounts for 2 percent of the 10. Other opals have an equal amount of colors such as pink, emerald, lavender and blue. With this opal, not only are the colors blue and green visible, but brown and orange are visible as well. Brown and orange are colors that can be attributed to the way the boulder opal is form and the environment in which it is formed.

Style and versatility:

The particular piece that I have chosen is a 14 karat pendant pricing at 575.00. In addition to the two rare boulder opals, the piece also includes round diamonds. The diamonds in this piece are SI one and SI two. In terms of diamonds, that is excellent quality. The piece is an acquired taste due to the darkness of the boulder opals. The designer of this piece did an excellent job at keeping the piece elegant by adding the round brilliant diamonds to the center of the necklace. Gemstone lovers and fashionistas alike will make a way to make this unique necklace match with other jewelry. The color scheme of the boulder opal could make it ideal to wear with Native American jewelry. Some people would be drawn to the way the opals are cut. A trademark of the Boulder opal is that it is usually cut into different shapes for example triangular. For those who like to explain their jewelry and like to really make a statement, this gem is by far the best to choose. While, yellow gold always gives a classic look, sterling silver would probably be a better partner with this particular gem.

Pricing:

The price for this pendant is awesome especially for the limited versatility. Yellow gold is becoming more and rarer with modern jewelry wearers leaning more towards white gold. That fact alone makes it a steal. Also the quality of the diamond is excellent. Not only do the diamonds carry small inclusions only, they are near colorless, which is a grade lesser than perfect in color. The suggested retail on this pendant is 1,400. So needless to say, This is definitely a quality piece.

6 Total Score
This gem is by far the best!

For those who like to explain their jewelry and like to really make a statement, this gem is by far the best to choose.

Color
4.5
Size
6
Versatility
4.5
Price
10
Style
5
PROS
  • Natural earth tones
  • Diamond accents
  • Fashionable
CONS
  • Can be pricey

Login/Register access is temporary disabled
Compare items
  • Cameras (0)
  • Phones (0)
Compare
0